Monday, October 29, 2012

The Royal Wedding and Our New House

Today is the one-and-a-half-year anniversary for William and Kate, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, and for my family's move into our home in Bethesda. To commemorate both occasions, I bought a handmade Emma Bridgewater Royal Wedding mug last year. Because we had sold our house one day before buying our new home, we were homeless for a day. Our generous friends Nick and Carrie let all four of us plus our two cats stay with them for that night. The Royal Wedding coverage started in the US at 5:30am ET on Friday, April 29, 2011, so Carrrie and I awoke before dawn to watch the ceremony. It is no coincidence that Carrie is the one who started my Emma Bridgewater collection and that we were watching the festivities together.

This is the mug I use every Friday for my morning coffee. I derive simple pleasures from the feel of the mug in my hand, that continued joy of home ownership, and the few moments of peace before the busy-ness of life.

I feel lucky every day that I wake up in my beautiful home, with its Tudor charm, gourmet kitchen, and cozy sunroom. I feel fortunate to have the opportunity to help other buyers find their dream home, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment