Friday, October 12, 2012

Is This Really a Real Estate Blog?

What's with all these sports posts and sports-related analogies? This is supposed to be a blog about house and home (and occasionally gardening). Well, I love sports. And other topics.

And so sometimes I might just be inspired to write about the Washington Nationals who won game 4 of the NLDS last night with a walk-off home run crushed by Jayson Werth into the left field visitors' bullpen at the end of a stubborn 13-pitch at-bat. I only heard it live on the radio as I was driving my older daughter and two of her teammates home from softball practice last night.  I believe one of her friends had a brief heart palpitation because of my cheering in the car.

Wish I had been there.  Happy for all my friends and other loyal Nats' fans who were actually there (especially those who came back after the tough loss the previous night). It is cool to witness the excitement that sports teams can bring to our whole metropolitan DC region.

Another shout-out to the Os who won in 13 innings in NY. My nephew loves the Baltimore Orioles so I'm sure he was happy when he woke up for school this morning. Local sports teams can bring people together and as I've said before, they help create that sense of place, of home.  I will be cheering for the home team tonight.  Go Nats!

No comments:

Post a Comment