Monday, September 22, 2014

Real Emotions

I was planning on writing today about the emotions that installing a for sale sign in the yard can evoke for sellers, their children, and even their neighbors. That sign is a symbol of change, and change is challenging. One of my daughters said that when the sign went up in front of our old house, she knew it was real and she was saddened.

Today, I was further reminded of how, in my job as a real estate professional, I often encounter people during emotional times. Selling a house, many have written and researched, is right up there on the emotional index. Well, there are other instances when clients need my help. A horrible event occurs and one client can no longer live in the rental we found. Another client receives disappointing news and their anger spills over. And I take a deep breath and work on a solution that can hopefully help.

And even with a sign installation, in my experience, talking with the client about where it should go and to prepare them for its appearance can ease a touch of their stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment