Monday, March 17, 2014

QOTD: Flooring

Today's Quote of the Day comes from my almost 14 year old daughter, Lucy. We were touring houses this past weekend to see comps for an upcoming listing I have in the works and she made a very interesting observation.

The floors really say a lot about a house.

She went on to explain that one house, which had beautifully refinished hardwood floors really shined and she thought better about the house overall because the sellers had taken such good care to present the floors well.  Another house had hardwood floors which were not only very dirty but uneven in places, paint-stained, and overall very scuffed.  She thought that house did not show well.

I've written before about some guidance for open house preparations which did highlight cleanliness.  I'm working now on a new seller checklist for Open House Prep (I have my own Open House Preparations Checklist, but this new one will be to give to my seller clients).  I'm happy to share with my seller clients in the future.

I just thought it was an interesting observation that Lucy had.  What stands out for you about houses and how do those things reflect on your overall impression of the home?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment