Friday, November 8, 2013

5 Things I Love About My New Listing

Today I am starting a new series called "5 Things".  I will feature five things that I love about some real estate topic, in this case my wonderful new listing in College Park, Maryland.  These 5 attributes of this particular home illustrate how small touches in a home can add to its overall appeal and how sellers can help prospective buyers feel "at home" as they tour through a house, even during their first visit. Also, these details are difficult to cover in a one page property brochure or the 400 characters we are given in the listing remarks section of our multiple listing service, so I wanted to share even more about this house in other creative ways.

1. On the left, I call this the Perfect Pantry. By adding simple white contact paper as part of their house sale preparation checklist, this pantry shines as tidy, useful, pleasant and convenient storage in the kitchen. For homes of this size and price point, this pantry is a gem.

2. On the right, just off the kitchen along the stairs to the basement, is even more storage. I adore built-ins and so do today's buyers! The previous owners added shelves to the old back door when they built an addition, and this extends handy space, too. Bonus: no perilous reaching; there's a landing right in front of these shelves.

3. Staying in the kitchen for another favorite thing, this 5 burner, stainless steel, gas range is as gorgeous in person as it is in this picture. Although the LeCreuset French oven does not convey with the house, of course all the appliances do. Upgraded kitchen appliances make such a huge difference to buyers today (call it an HGTV influence) and this beauty is joined in the kitchen by a French door refrigerator, a stainless steel dishwasher and the over-the-stove built in microwave (peeking in at the very top of my photo).

4. The crown molding and trimmed doorways in the dining room nicely frame the passages to kitchen and living room. They also give a polished, upgraded, lovely feel to the home.
 
5. An enclosed porch off the back of the house really does extend the living space since this one has outdoor carpeting, three full walls of glass windows with screens, lighting and a ceiling fan. This is a very pleasant spot to sit and relax and even dine, as there is room for a cafe table and chairs.

To summarize the 5 Things I Love About My New Listing:
1. Pantry
2. Built In Shelves
3. 5 Burner Range
4. Crown Molding
5. Enclosed Porch
 
Although I have not posted in a while, I think about blog topics constantly and have quite a few stored for the near future.  So stay tuned and be sure to follow or subscribe to my blog so you don't miss any useful and fun topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment