Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Holidays in a New Home

When you move into a new home, there are many firsts. First night sleeping there, first snowstorm, first spring blooms, first time the power goes out, maybe even the first time you bring home a newborn from the hospital. This time of year I particularly enjoy the concept of the first holiday in a new home.

A long-standing tradition in my family is the collection of Christmas ornaments.  We maintain lists of the new ornaments each year, documented by family member. My Mom used to keep the lists and I still have the original list from my childhood. The lists are treasured as they help me remember when I got a certain ornament and maybe even who gave it to me. We tuck the lists in a safe place for 11 months of the year, so safe in fact that one year we could not find the lists. The following Christmas season we discovered the lists, pressed between pages of the Bible.

Commemorating the first holiday in a new home with a special Christmas ornament or other holiday momento is a tradition I will carry on with my real estate clients. What holiday traditions around house and home do you treasure? 

No comments:

Post a Comment