Tuesday, April 10, 2018

A Project Manager in Real Estate

I hold a rare designation in the world of real estate: a Project Management Professional (PMP)Ⓡ certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI)Ⓡ.

Before transitioning to my real estate career, I was an IT Project Manager and then I ran my own project management and technology strategy consulting firm for 10 years. At my core I am a planner.

I seek opportunities to bring all my PMP strengths to my real estate practice.

I lead transactions like a project. The definition of a project, according to PMI and enhanced by me, is:

  • a temporary endeavor (the transaction ends at settlement)
  • limited by constrained resources (budgets, specific location, often on a timeline)
  • with a unique outcome (buy or sell one property)
  • run by people (hello!)
  • planned, executed, and controlled (if done well)
My approach, embodied in documented and continually improving best practices, helps achieve greater predictability and smoother transactions for my clients.

No comments:

Post a Comment